9.24.2008

Pickin' at the daisys

So I must say that my 20th birthday was quite interesting. A good interesting though. It was interesting in that people kept telling me, "Oh you're old now!" and in the words of my little sister, "I can't believe you're 20! I thought you would be married by now!"

Now I know that everyone was joking and just poking fun at my "new" age, but it made me think - Is 20 old? Does everyone expect you to have a boyfriend/fiance/husband by the time you are 20? (or even younger?) Well I hate to dissapoint...but that probably won't be happening anytime soon for me. Of course I have NO idea what God has in store for me in the next year or two, but I am looking forward to seeing what He brings my way!

You are all probably wondering about the title of the post and the reference to daisys. Well this year for my birthday was the year of the daisy! I received two bouquets of Gerbers from Mallory and Stephen, and my Granny bought me two pots of Gerbers to plant! Then I went and bought a pot of the white daisy. Ah, I do love them so! They are so friendly and always seem to be smiling...and I can't wait for my pansys to bloom, they seem to be always grinning too!

Other than the flowers...I had three red bulls, went to Panara with mom and dad for lunch, watched We Are Marshall (and cried my eyes out!), had desert at T.G.I Fridays with Mallory, went home and ate dinner with the family, went to the ladies meeting, and then had starbucks with my friend Brittany. I must say it was a very good day.

I am so blessed to have my friends...I had 50 people leave comments on my facebook and I treasured every one them! God is so good to me.
I am very blessed to have such a wonderful family. They truly made yesterday so special for me!
And I would also like to thank Mallory, Nicole, and Chelsea for making me cry on my birthday! They were definately good tears and I am so grateful that God blessed me with such great girlfriends!

2 comments:

Rayna said...

"Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?!"

:)

Your love of daisies just reminded me of "you've got mail"

I've been dying to watch that movie lately, and this didn't help.
haha love you!

His love guides my hand. said...

I have too! Chelsea I have one thing to say " we are young.." and we all know how the song ends lol I am happy no man has come for you yet. I have all to myself. (well sort of)