And yet, I remember where I was and what I was thinking...just like it happened yesterday.
I think we will always remember what happened that day. It changed our country, it changed our outlook on the world. Some people for the worst and others for the better.
But for me it changed my eternal perspective and brought me closer to God.
I was not even 13 and what I saw on the television that morning scared me. I had so many questions and even worries. But as the day dragged on and I saw the replay of those towers falling...over and over...I had a peace. God was working in my heart.
I can't say if 9.11 made me more patriotic or more committed to my country. It did make me grateful for the leaders of our country and their wisdom, and even more grateful that our president saught God throughout the whole tragedy. But it made me trust God even more and brought comfort in knowing that through any storm God is with us.
I still pray for the families and friends of those victims that died in New York, Washington D.C., and Pennsylvania. I pray for our leaders of this nation. I pray for the terrorists that planned the attacks. I pray for the people who helped plan the attacks. But I pray even more that if something like this was to happen again, that I would be prepared to share God's love and that He would grant people the same peace that I felt seven years ago.
I will praise You in this storm
I will life my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I cry
You hold in Your hand
You've never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm




1 comment:
Hey Girlie!
I just wanted to let you know that I’ve been praying for you!
It is really cool to see what God has been doing in your life. I’ve been in the same situation you are in right now for the last year. God has called me to be serving my family and it has been difficult, at times, for me to cultivate a joyful heart. It is very obvious that you are trusting in the Sovereignty of God. Let me encourage you to continue to wait, stay strong and trust God. Though this past year has been very difficult for my family and I, it has drawn me closer to God than any other season in my life. He truly is FAITHFUL!
Psalm 62:5-8- “For God alone, O my soul, WAIT in silence, for my hope is from him. He ONLY is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my might rock, my refuge is God. Trust in him at ALL times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.”
Love ya!
Post a Comment