So Valentine's Day was on Thursday and I actually had an awesome day! I went to school...went to my favorite place in the world, our art museum...and then I went home, cleaned and did a movie and dinner with two girlfriends and my sister.
Now I admit, that during the day my thought's did wander to, "I seriously can't wait till I am married so I'm not so lonely on days like these!" and "Why don't I have mr. right on my arm right now?" But as the day waned on, I really didn't think about it too much...which is great! At this time in my life...I don't need to give my love and devotion to a fictional guy that I have made up in my head! I need to give not only my love and devotion to God, but my EVERYTHING! Tuesday night at our college and career age meeting God really spoke to me through a word that my cousin had. It was about giving God our everything...and as I listened to him, God showed me that I haven't given Him my everything...specifically in the area of my singleness and making up a guy that will never be real.
So I made a commitment to God that I would give him my everything...God has me in this state of singleness not becuase he accidentally forgot me on his marriage list...but because of His plan for my life. He has something so big planned for me during this season of my life and I can't wait to see what it is!
I just recently started reading Did I Kiss Marriage Goodbye? by Carolyn McCulley...it's the best book that I have picked up in a while and God has been showing me so many good things through this book...and I would highly reccomend it to single girls who are tired of "being single".
So what did this show me on Valentines Day? I can have a nice, normal day and then have a super fun night out with my girlfriends and my sister and it not bother me that 1) I don't have a boyfriend/husband to celebrate with and 2) that the couple at the table next to us were having so much fun being with each other. I was so grateful to see how God was working in me...and it just gave me something to look forward to!
Sorry this is so long...but I am just so grateful! So there will be no more crying, chick flicks, chocolate and depression on Valentines. Ya I'll have chocolate...but I won't use it as a comfort food because I don't have a boyfriend/husband. And I will watch chick flicks...but not on Valentines Day.
Seriously...chick flicks aren't bad...it's when your mind and your heart play it up. Believe me I know! But by God's grace and his love for me...I will no longer be the depressed girl that wants to lock herself up in the house and mope around because I am single...
Change Me God (Let It Be Revival)
11 years ago




1 comment:
yay chelsea! praise God!
Post a Comment