4.19.2008

A Song of Hope...A Song of Strength

This week I have really been stuggling with school and my future. I am so sick and tired of waiting and I want answers to my life...I am being so impatient! But God is so good...I bought Lincoln Brewster's new cd tonight and they sing "Everlasting God" on it. I have heard this song so many times but as I listened to it tonight it brough new hope and a refreshing breath. That no matter what I am going through, no matter how weak I am from being distraught over my future...my strength will rise as I wait and HAVE FAITH in God! Because he IS the EVERLASTING GOD!

At the end of the song a little girl recites Isaiah 40: 28-31...hearing this powerful verse from the lips of a child made me break down...it's a beautiful verse.

"Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not grow faint or grow weary;
no one can measure the depth of
his understanding.
He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he
increases strength.
Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the Lord shall
renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like
eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint."


Our God...You reign forever...
Our Hope...Our strong deliverer...
You are the everlasting God...
The everlasting God...
You do not faint...
You won't grow weary...
You're the defender of the weak...
You comfort those in need...
You lift us up on wings like eagles...


Lord I pray for Faith during this time in my life...Faith like I have never had before. Let me not be anxious about the future...there are so many things running through my mind that I know I don't need to worry about! As Your Word says in Matthew 6:25,27 "Do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not like more than food, and the body more than clothing?...And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?" Father let me not worry about what you have for me...I want your will for my life! Give me faith...give me strength. Amen

3 comments:

Candace said...

Hey Chelsea! I defintely know how you've been feeling! God has been laying that exact same song and scripture on my own heart lately! How cool! I will be praying that God will give you much grace and strength to get through this season of life you are in! Love ya girlie!

Anonymous said...

That was a beautiful post! So encouraging, I enjoyed reading it. :-) I will be praying for you! Prayer is such an amazing thing really, sometimes I forget...it's amazing! It is so beautiful to be able to talk to God! Love it.
I loved reading your prayer!

Chelsea said...

Thanks girls! It's so encouraging to get comments like this and I will be praying for you both!! => Love you!